Materials Chemistry Subject Division of the Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC)
Who we are:
The Materials Chemistry Subject Division of the Canadian Society for Chemistry is a national network of volunteers with a particular interest in the field of materials chemistry. The purpose of the Subject Divisions of the Chemical Institute of Canada and it’s Constituent Societies is to bring together individuals with common areas of interest and expertise, in order to create networking opportunities and to encourage productive sharing of ideas.
What we do:
- We organize the materials chemistry program for the Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition.
- Our division members take part in research and development activities in academic, government, and industrial laboratories, educate fundamental and applied chemical principles, and participate in chemistry outreach for the general public.
- We support regional undergraduate chemistry conferences.
How Can You Be Involved?
To become a member of the Materials Chemistry Division, simply select the Division on your application for membership in the Chemical Institute of Canada. To participate in the activities of the Division, check the links and pdfs listed below for upcoming activities, events and news.
- Southwestern Ontario Undergraduate Student Chemistry Conference (SOUSCC), in March of each year
- Western Canadian Undergraduate Student Chemistry Conference (WCUSCC), in May of each year
- Atlantic Student Chemistry Conference (ChemCon), in May of each year
- 95th Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition
News, Reports and Other Information and Activities
If you have questions, you can contact:
Chair of the Materials Chemistry Division
Professor of Chemistry
University of Alberta