The Maritime Local Section of the Chemical Institute of Canada
Who we are:
The Maritime Local Section of the Chemical Institute of Canada is a network of volunteers within the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. The purpose of the Local Sections of the Chemical Institute of Canada is to bring together individuals who live, work or study in the same region and who share an interest in the chemical sciences and engineering, in order to create networking opportunities and to encourage productive sharing of ideas.
What we do:
- We meet as a Local Section on an annual basis.
- We support the APICS/CIC Undergraduate Chemistry Conference.
- We do outreach to students.
- We support science fairs in the region.
- We administer the Tibbetts Award.
- We host lectures.
How Can You Be Involved?
To become a member of the Maritime Local Section, simply fill out your application for membership in the Chemical Institute of Canada and you will be assigned a Local Section based on your address. To participate in the activities of the section, check the links and pdfs listed below for upcoming events and news.
- Annual General Meeting, May 17, 2012
- Canadian Coalition of Women in Engineering, Science,
Trades and Technology
May 3-5, 2012, Halifax, NS
Call for Contributions
- 2011 Montreal Medal-Jan Kwak, Dalhousie University
News, Reports and Other Information and Activities
If you have questions, you can contact:
Katherine Darvesh, MCIC
Chair of the Maritime Local Section
Professor of Chemistry
Mount St. Vincent University