Faculty Advisor Award
Terms of Reference
The award shall be presented on an annual basis to one faculty advisor from the Canadian Society for Chemical Technology who has demonstrated exceptional performance working with students to plan and implement Student Chapter activities. Nominations for this award shall be made by the Student Chapter at the college at which the faculty advisor teaches.
Deadline: March 31 of every year
Award: A commemorative plaque
Eligibility: Criteria for eligibility for the award includes:
- Evidence of outstanding leadership by the faculty advisor in creating enthusiasm among Student Chapter members;
- Evidence of creating sustained interest in professional societies;
- Evidence of continuing involvement in Student Chapter affairs.
The award will be presented annually at the CSCT Student Symposium or a local event.
The award winner shall be selected from the teaching faculty at any Canadian college that has a Student Chapter in chemical technology.
Nomination: A nomination letter shall be signed by the Chapter President and one other member of the Student Chapter and the head of the program.
Nomination letters shall be accompanied by supporting documentation, including:
- Biographical sketch;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Other pertinent information about the nominee;
- Summary of Student Chapter activities over the past three years, especially those attributable in whole or in part to the efforts of the faculty advisor;
- List of Student Chapter involvement in public or off-campus activities;
- Previous winners of the award shall not be eligible to receive the award.
Faculty advisors currently serving as directors or as officers of the CIC or any of its Constituent Societies shall not be eligible until they have completed their terms.
Each nomination shall remain in force for three years and will be considered annually by the selection committee.
Send to: Awards Manager at email@example.com.JOIN NOW