Chemical Technologist Certification
As a member of the CSCT, you can become a Certified Chemical Technologist (cCT). This certification is for chemical, biochemical, chemical engineering and related technologists.
Certification highlights credentials attained through a chemical related technology program, and shows dedication to the profession. It is recognized nationally by employers, and allows for more career mobility.
Requirements to become a Certified Chemical Technologist (cCT):
- A valid CSCT membership – Join CSCT now.
- Graduation from a program recognized by the CSCT or equivalent qualifications.
- For chemical technologists: A minimum of two years of relevant and progressive experience in the chemical technology profession.
- For chemical technicians: A minimum of four years of relevant and progressive experience in the chemical technology profession.
- For BSc chemistry or chemical engineering: A minimum of three years of relevant and progressive experience in the chemical technology profession.
To apply for certification:
- Print and complete the Chemical Technologist Certification Application Form.
- Provide a copy of your educational transcript.
- Include your résumé listing both educational and work experience in chemical technology.
- Attach a letter of reference from your immediate or most recent supervisor. This letter should: confirm your employment, the duration of employment, your title and responsibilities and your supervisor’s evaluation of your performance in the position.
- Send all of the above documents either electronically to email@example.com or in hard copy to the Chemical Institute of Canada, ATTN: cCT Certification, 130 Slater St., Suite 550, Ottawa, ON, K1P 6E2.
- Submit payment of CAN$25.00 (plus GST/HST) administration fee. You can pay by sending us cash, cheque or money order or by credit card. Credit card payments can be submitted by faxing a completed credit card payment form to 613-232-5862 or by calling us at 1-888-542-2242 ext. 223. This fee is non-refundable.
Successful applicants will receive a Certified Chemical Technologist certificate. Annual renewal of cCT is not required. A member receiving a cCT has the privilege of using “cCT” following their name as long as they maintain their CSCT membership.
For applicants with foreign degrees with no reciprocity agreement with Canada, a course by course evaluation of the credentials is required. Evaluation forms and further information on assessments can be obtained through services such as the International Credential Assessment Services or World Education Services.